From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5.5 and nvidia-drivers
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 00:17:19
1 On 11/22/06, Steve Brenneis <sbrenneis@×××××.net> wrote:
2 > Apparently KDE 3.5.5 and the openGL portion of the nvidia-drivers
3 > package don't get along too well.
4
5 I'm using KDE 3.5.5 and nvidia drivers with openGL support just fine,
6 without any crashing etc, on both my laptop and desktop.
7
8 You might have to switch to xorg-x11 when building some things
9 (although most of that should happen automatically now), but you
10 should definitely be able to switch back to nvidia after the build
11 completes.
12
13 Can you tell us more about your systems? emerge --info would be a
14 good start, but also what version of nvidia-drivers and xorg-x11 are
15 you using? Does revdep-rebuild -p report anything needing to be
16 rebuilt?
17
18 -Richard
19 --