From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to degrade Gentoo system with webrsync method?
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 14:46:31
1 On 09/01/2022 13:39, Dale wrote:
2 > As a starting point, check the ebuild and see what all packages are
3 > listed there that it depends on.  Put the needed entries in package.mask
4 > and then use your world upgrade command plus -p to see what emerge wants
5 > to upgrade.  Keep adding until it is reporting nothing to upgrade.  The
6 > packages in the ebuild should help save some time.  I can't think of a
7 > easier way to do it.  Someone else may have ideas tho.  Oh, don't forget
8 > the ">=" signs and to specify versions.  Can't recall if it matters
9 > which symbol comes first.
10
11 Or do you want to use package.accept_keywords
12
13 I had a package that was in testing, so I've ended up creating a file in
14 there called - I think the package was avidemux so that's what it's
15 called ...
16
17 But in there it has the line(s)
18
19 =package.version ~amd64
20
21 I've deliberately used the "=" so for it, and every package it depends
22 on, that version will be accepted. Aiui, if the stable version goes
23 above that it will then upgrade to the stable version, so that my system
24 will be pretty much just stable packages.
25
26 I also made the mistake of doing
27
28 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" emerge blah blah ...
29
30 which upgraded glibc! So now I need to configure this to keep the
31 current version of glibc and wait till the stable version goes past.
32
33 Cheers,
34 Wol