From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: depclean confusion
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 00:55:40
1 On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 11:43:35PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote
2
3 > Unmerge it anyway and then rebuild iproute2. It seems like an automagic
4 > dep. It should not be using db when the berkdb USE flag is not set.
5 > Since it does, it's a bug.
6 >
7 > However, rebuilding it after unmerging db should fix it.
8 >
9 > With that being said, do a "quickpkg sys-libs/db" first to get a tarball
10 > backup, just to be safe if you need to restore it.
11
12 Thanks. I unmerged iproute2 (notwithstanding the dire warning),
13 depcleaned, then "emerge -1 iproute2", followed by revdep-rebuild which
14 shows all-clear. I've successfully rebooted stand-alone, and am now
15 finishing off the install.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications