From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - MythTV recording - file size
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 06:05:31
1 I recorded a two-hour movie off telivision this evening. I watched it
2 and it looks fine, but the file size is really big: 4.3GB. Is this
3 normal? As I said, the file was recorded by mythtv; it has a .nuv
4 extension. I didn't recognize that extension, so I looked at its
5 properties in nautilus. Properties claims that it's an MPEG video file,
6 but that seems rather large for a two-hour mpeg. I used to download
7 two-hour movies off of gtk-gnutella that were around 650MB. Is there
8 anything I can do to get the file size down so that it can fit on a CD?
9 My wife's birthday is a week from today, and although I bought the movie
10 on DVD for her (and actually have it hidden in the bedroom ATM), she
11 doesn't know that and she would like it backed up to CD, but 4.3GB won't
12 fit on a CD. Any hints?
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list