From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Memory cards and deleting files.
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 10:31:13
1 On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 12:17:33 -0400, John Covici wrote:
2
3 > > > The cards I use are class 10, slow but pretty fast for the type of
4 > > > card.  Generally, I can download several hundred MBs in a minute or
5 > > > two.  Deleting sometimes over a 1,000 pics one at a time just isn't
6 > > > feasible.  That could take a long time.
7 > >
8 > > That wasn't my intention!
9 > > I thought you should just select one file (remember its name), delete
10 > > it, unmount, remount and see if the file is still there.
11 > > So you can be sure that you really have a different issue than just
12 > > performance. Trying to delete a folder takes ages and you don't see
13 > > the file names.
14 >
15 > Definitely unmount, the sectors sometimes don't write to disk for
16 > quite a while, and your unmount should take a few seconds to more than
17 > a minute and so unmount and wait till it returns, and then remount and
18 > see what happens.
19
20 I'd run sync as well, just to be sure, although umount shouldn't return
21 until everything is flushed to the card.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 WinErr 001: Windows loaded - System in danger