From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can I suppress the bleep when shutting down?
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 19:04:06
1 Alan Mackenzie <acm <at> muc.de> writes:
4 > > > Every time I shut down my gentoo system with "shutdown -h now", it beeps
5 > > > at me. This is becoming steadily more irritating as the months go by.
6 > > > Just what is this beep supposed to be telling me? I _know_ I'm shutting
7 > > > the machine down.
8
9 > From a virtual console. Matthias has tracked it down for me, and it is
10 > hard coded in one of the C files building shutdown itself. I think I'm
11 > going to edit the source and rebuild it without the bleep.
14 Check out 'epatch_user' [1].
15 This is exactly what epatch-user was design for. And
16 you get 'persistence' with this type of patch. In fact,
17 this would be a perfect example to find it's way to
18 the gentoo wiki!
19
20 Bravo, a frequent nuisance, the sounds, and folks could add lots
21 of patches to shut off differnet annoying sounds......
22
23 Great Find there Alan...
26 hth,
27 James