From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Should I re-emerge after switching to new gcc profile?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:47:01
1 On 06/21/2012 08:40 AM, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
2 > Now, the question is:
3 > Do I need to re-emerge something due to having new gcc?
4 > I'm pretty sure not, but just wanted to ask.
5
6 Technically, you should re-emerge c++ apps because you are
7 now using a newer version of libstc++. IRL I suspect that
8 nobody bothers to do that, but it's nice to know in case
9 something c++ starts misbehaving right after updating gcc.
10
11 Technically you should re-emerge glibc after updating the
12 linux kernel headers, too, but I doubt many people bother.