From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hardware issues, probably overheating, help?
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 03:13:34
1 I had the same issue, same MOBO and same system (almost the same,
2 instead of the sempron I had an athlon xp), the heatsink was working
3 fine, it kept locking for a while, then one day as you described it
4 refused to boot, as I forced it, it became unstable, finally not
5 booting anymore.
6
7 I took it to the guy I got it from and he said part of the bus for the
8 MOBO was fried, due to high temperatures, not in the processor, but at
9 the chipset, that caused the BIOS to failure, finally crushing the
10 entire system, reflashing BIOS did not solve it. Now I'm looking for a
11 new motherboard as I write this from my notebook. Check the whole sys
12 temperature.
13
14 I have been running into problems with this kind of MOBO and
15 processor, its the second fried mobo in 3 months, I changed the power
16 supply, changed memory, drives, everything. So, my advice, cool your
17 system...
18
19 Again, that's my own experience and I just write this because you
20 described exactly what happened to me last week.
21