From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My Continuing ALSA Woes
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:47:41
1 Michael Sullivan schreef:
2 > On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 06:11 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> Please give me a bit of info:
5 >>
6 >> lspci
7 >>
8 >> Basically I'm concerned that the hardware you have and the modules
9 >> you are trying to load aren't matching up.
12 Here is the kernel help for the snd_hda_intel driver:
13
14 Say Y here to include support for Intel "High Definition
15 x Audio" (Azalia) motherboard devices.
16 x
17
18 x To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the module
19 x will be called snd-hda-intel.
20 x
21 x Symbol: SND_HDA_INTEL [=n]
22 x Prompt: Intel HD Audio
23 x Defined at sound/pci/Kconfig:530
24 x Depends on: !M68K && SOUND!=n && PCI && SND
25 x Location:
26 x -> Device Drivers
27 x -> Sound
28 x -> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
29 x -> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (SND [=m])
30 x -> PCI devices
31 x Selects: SND_PCM
32
33 As I see it, there is no further selection needed to get this detected,
34 but are we certain that this driver (which does not really specify which
35 revisions/versions of the motherboard chipset resources are in fact
36 supported) works with this exact device:
37
38 > 0000:00:1b.0 Class 0403: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW
39 > (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03)
40
41 ?
42
43 Perhaps there is undocumented support not built, I went to Device
44 Drivers=>I2C support, and found this:
45
46 CONFIG_I2C_I801:
47 x
48 x If you say yes to this option, support will be included for the Intel
49 x 801 family of mainboard I2C interfaces. Specifically, the following
50 x versions of the chipset are supported:
51 x 82801AA
52 x 82801AB
53 x 82801BA
54 x 82801CA/CAM
55 x 82801DB
56 x 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R)
57 x 6300ESB
58 x ICH6
59 x ICH7
60 x ESB2
61 x
62 x This driver can also be built as a module. If so, the module
63 x will be called i2c-i801.
64
65 x
66
67 x Symbol: I2C_I801 [=m]
68 x Prompt: Intel 82801 (ICH)
69 x Defined at drivers/i2c/busses/Kconfig:110
70 x Depends on: I2C && PCI
71 x Location:
72 x -> Device Drivers
73 x -> I2C support
74 x -> I2C support (I2C [=y])
75 x -> I2C Hardware Bus support
76 x
77 x
78
79 It seems quite possible that this advanced board might need I2c support
80 statically compiled before the various components can properly
81 communicate with each other and the kernel.
82
83 Hope this helps.
84 Holly
85 --