From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Thunderbird and chinese fonts
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:18:33
1 On 06/18/2012 04:01 AM, Michael Hampicke wrote:
2 > Thing is, when I view messages in Thunderbird - I use TB13 - that are
3 > encoded in GB2312 and have chinese characters in them, the font looks
4 > rather ugly. Unicode messages with or without chinese characters look
5 > much better. I attached a screenshot for you to see what I mean.
6
7 I've never noticed until now that in the tb preferences dialog, in
8 the Display tab, there is an 'Advanced' button next to 'Fonts'.
9
10 That Advanced dialog offers to let you select different fonts for
11 'Western', 'Japanese', 'Chinese', etc. You might try changing some
12 of those settings as an experiment.