From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Anyone a working iso for bios-update of Intel DP43TF ?
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 14:53:51
1 Sorry for this off-topic ... a bit long also ...
2
3 But I am trying hard to upgrade one of my boxes which contains an Intel
4 DP43TF-board.
5
6 I tried the latest bios-iso from Intel, it seems to be corrupt and does
7 not boot.
8
9 I tried some older bios-iso, it doesn't boot.
10
11 I tried to build some Caldera boot-cd, it boots but doesn't show my
12 added biosfiles :(
13
14 I attached the CDROM via PATA and via external USB-adapter, no diff.
15
16 I even burned the CD from Windows XP, in UltraISO there it says "non
17 bootable" ...
18
19 I tried CD-ROM and CD-RW.
20
21 I tried an old hdd with the BIOSfiles on it, couldn't see the drive from
22 within Caldera DOS (modern PATA-controller, I assume ....)
23
24 This is a work in progress for days now *sigh*
25
26 Right now I tried that Recovery BIOS Update, even that didn't work. The
27 cdrom blinks, the hdd-led blinks, but not for 2-5 min as in the manual
28 but much longer.
29
30 I already wrote to Intel regarding that iso, no reply yet.
31
32 I really would like to upgrade soon, as I face some strange hangups on
33 that box, the current BIOS is rather old and there have been a few
34 updates inbetween.
35
36 Maybe someone here has done this successfully and has a working iso for
37 me, I would really appreciate this.
38
39 Sorry again for this non-gentoo posting ...
40 Stefan