From: hw <hw@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local shared directory
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 12:15:12
1 Neil Bothwick schrieb:
2 > On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 18:38:56 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 >>> umask is just not viable either, as a) it's global and affects all
5 >>> files a user creates and b) by definition umask is modifiable by the
6 >>> user (it's a feature to help users out so they don't need to chmod
7 >>> every file every time) and c) you can't stop them doing it (by
8 >>> design).
9 >>
10 >> Actually, this is completely viable. Just set the default umasks to
11 >> 007, and create a new group for each user as their default group (and
12 >> don't have all their home directories be owned by some users group).
13 >> This is how this sort of situation was handled long before POSIX ACLs
14 >> became common, and I know that some distros behave this way by default
15 >> for this reason (this was the case in the distro I used right before I
16 >> switched to Gentoo).
17 >>
18 >> If users chmod a file then tell them not to. If you must, set up some
19 >> cron job to clean up after them.
20 >>
21 >> But, you can of course do this with ACLs as well. I haven't tried
22 >> setting those up personally.
23 >
24 > I've done this with ACLs in the past, which is why I suggested it, but
25 > it's a pain to set up if you haven't used them before. Alan's suggestion
26 > of using inotify is probably simplest. Install incrond and put something
27 > like this in a file in /etc/incron.d
28 >
29 > /shared/dir IN_CREATE,IN_MODIFY chmod g+w $#
33 Thank you very much, I'll try to use incron for this.