From: Dimitri Semitsoglou-Tsiapos <kmhzsem@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] locating large disk files
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 20:26:18
1 On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 14:03:41 -0600
2 Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I'm trying to clean up my home directory by locating large disk
5 > files. I used: find / -type f -size +20000k -exec ls -lh {} \; | awk
6 > '{ print $8 ": " $5 }'
7
8 Take a look here regarding why you should never parse ls' output:
9 http://mywiki.wooledge.org/ParsingLs
10
11 You can use ncdu or xdiskusage (both available in portage) to get more
12 useful output. Both will allow you to track down large folders, not
13 just single files (for example cache folders tend to hold a large
14 amount of tiny files, which may collectively amount for a large chunk
15 of your hard disk space).