From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ebuild of Postgres-8.3.8 almost a catastrophe
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:02:12
1 In <200911091155.35236.volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> volkerarmin@××××××××××.com (Volker Armin Hemmann) writes:
2
3 >On Montag 09 November 2009, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> usually upgrade within a minor version of postgres do not need a
7 >> pg_dump_all/ and reimport. But the upgrade from 8.3.7 to 8.3.8 does as the
8 >> configure option for integer-timestamps changed and thus the newly
9 >> compiled server can not read the existing database files.
10 >>
11 >> Regards,
12 >>
13 >> Konstantin
16 >have you opened a bug report about this? Or is there one already?
17 Nope didn't have the time. I needed to get the DB running again quick by:
18
19 ebuild .../postgresql-server-8.3.8.ebuild compile, interrupting this
20 call ./configure manually with --enable-integer-timestamps and then copying
21 the postgres binary in the approp. position after compiling. This is working.
22 The next upgrade if ~amd64 is enabled would be 8.4 so I should dump/restore
23 anyway. But I will do that in an appropriate timeslot.
24
25 Regards,
26
27 Konstantin
30 Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@×××××××.de
31 Altersheimerstr. 1, 81545 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
33 "Captain, this ship will not survive the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres