From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Locale generation and keymaps for cross compiliation?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:00:16
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a Raspberry Pi. I have gone through the cross development guides
4 on gentoo.org and my barebones distro (consisting of chrony, sshd, bash)
5 is ready (all I did is armv6j-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-emerge
6 --root=/mnt/sdcard baselayout bash openssh chrony) which is of course
7 after setting up the toolchain using crossdev.
8
9 Now the problem is, since I'm on amd64 box (and don't have an ARM
10 emulator), how do I generate the locale [without using an ARM emulator]?
11 Also, how to go about keymaps? /usr/share/keymaps seems to be missing in
12 the tree and equery returned no packages owning those files.
15 Nilesh Govindarajan
16 http://nileshgr.com