From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Solution to long-in to my system and/or check email while traveling
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:09:25
1 What is the most cost effective solution to check email and/or log-in to
2 my system while traveling (if needed)? I can invest about 1000 for
3 laptop or PDA if necessary. But I need bash so PDA is out I think.
4
5 To check email I can go to any computer-cafe and use web-base log-in to
6 check email (the security it is not critical); but if I was to do any
7 banking or need to log-in into my system it is a different story
8 (security is critical).
9 I could borrow any-body's in the family computer and use Knoppix (with
10 knock and ssh) to log-in to my system or to do any Banking; as I
11 wouldn't trust their Windows system. I think this would eliminate all
12 the spywere and key-loggers if they had any on their systems.
13 What other alternative are there?
16 #Joseph
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list