From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] content of /usr/portage/distfile
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:00:02
1 On Wed, 24 May 2006 16:26:43 +0200 (CEST), JC Denton wrote:
2
3 > May be it is a stupid question, but can I remove the content of
4 > /usr/portage/distfile/ without problems? This file has a size of 1.5
5 > GB ! I would like to have some space back ;)
6
7 Yes you can, but it may mean you have to download files again if you
8 install minor updates to existing packages. You can use eclean, in the
9 latest gentoolkit, to remove only files that no longer belong to
10 installed packages.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 BBS: (n.) a system for connecting computers and exchanging gossip,
17 facts, and uninformed speculation under false names.