From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo File Manager
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 03:16:23
1 On Dienstag 23 Dezember 2008, Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I am trying out the Gentoo File Manager, but have run aground with the
6 > > way it opens certain types of files. How can I create an association to
7 > > e.g. use xpdf to open pdf files and OOo (oowriter) to open .odt and .doc
8 > > files? All I get now is a plain text editor firing up and opening such
9 > > files. Same applies with pictures, videos, etc.
10 >
11 > For those that are stumped like I was, it looks neat.
12 >
13 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentoo_(file_manager)
14 >
15 > I wish this was in portage. I'd like to give this a ride and see how I
16 > like it. Any reason it is not in portage? Does it look neat but suck
17 > in real use or something? I use Konqueror for mine right now but curious.
18
19 once upon a time it was in portage. If you search the dev-ml for 'package
20 removal' or 'last rites' mails you should find the reason for its removal.