From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc - C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 18:49:46
1 Jeff Cranmer schrieb:
2 >> Hmm, if you have a separate machine with the same architecture, you
3 >> can build those binary packages yourself, just man emerge and take a
4 >> look at the buildpkg section. Alternatively, you can cross compile
5 >> binary packages[1].
6 >>
7 >> Or, why not just use a stage tarball?
8 >>
9 >> HTH.
10 >>
11 >> Joe
12 >>
13 >> [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml
16 > I'm not an expert, and I don't have a second amd64 machine. My laptop runs a
17 > different PC processor type. How would I go about cross-compiling an amd64
18 > binary on my laptop, and creating the necessary .tbz2 tarball. If I could do
19 > that, I would probably be able to test out the theory that this would fix my
20 > broken system.
21 >
22 > Thanks
23 >
24 > Jeff
27 Perhaps you should go back to a lower glib version. Latest versions of
28 such important packages might always have issues.