From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Giedrius Kudelis <giedrius.kudelis@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nginx init script dependencies
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:48:46
1 on 07/20/2011 09:32 PM Giedrius Kudelis wrote the following:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm new to this mailing list, so greetings to everyone!
5 >
6 > I am having some trouble starting nginx while some of the network interfaces
7 > are down. Running "/etc/init.d/nginx ineed" gives me
8 >
9 > fsck localmount dhcpcd net.eth0 net.eth1 net.lo
10 >
11 > I guess this means that all the net.* interfaces have to be up for nginx to
12 > start. Wouldn't it be more logical to require only one (like the loopback
13 > interface) to be up? The problem is that if I stop net.eth1 and start nginx
14 > it tries to start net.eth1, which I'd rather it did not do. Is there any way
15 > to avoid this? Thank you!
16 >
17 > Best regards,
18 > Giedrius Kudelis
23 set rc_depend_strict="NO" in /etc/rc.conf