From: luis jure <ljc@××××××××××××.uy>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dv-dvd encoding
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:52:16
1 el Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:17:43 +0200
2 Luigi Pinna <mailing-gentoo@××××××××××××.com> escribió:
3
4 > I usually encode from dv (digital video camera) to standard dvd format
5 > (MPEG-2); I usually use kino to convert the files.
6 > Now, I think that my computer is a good computer to encode them (AMD64
7 > 3000 1 GByte RAM), and I think that it uses too much time to encode 1
8 > hour video: about 7 hours!
9
10 i think the tools used by kino are rather slow (although perhaps 7 hours
11 _is_ a bit too much), why don't you try mencoder? you'll have to create your
12 own command line, but it's _much_ faster.
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list