From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with revdep-rebuild
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:22:11
1 On 08/16/10 19:47, Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
2 >> Some new people think it knows where things come from even if it is not
3 >> installed. It can't do that so I posted that in case the person didn't
4 >> know.
5 >>
6 > Well, I'm not very expert about gentoo... I though it would query some kind
7 > of database to ask what package contains a certain file....
8 >
9 > Now I know it works differently...
10 >
11 > It would be neat if it could do that tho. Just have no idea how it could.
12 >> ;-)
13 >>
14 > I think querying an online database could be a nice solution.
15 >
16 > Thanks!
17 >