From: Sid Spry <sid@××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual booting with Windows 10
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 15:02:52
1 On Tue, May 25, 2021, at 2:02 PM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 25 May 2021 17:43:00 BST antlists wrote:
3 > > On 25/05/2021 16:23, Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > > 4. I have the existing ESP mounted on /boot. It belongs to Windows and
5 > > > cannot be enlarged beyond 100MB.
6 > >
7 > > I don't know how this works, but I installed Windows 10 and SUSE
8 > > dual-boot. SUSE installed a second 500MB ESP, and it works. Somehow the
9 > > system must be able to link the two together.
10 >
11 > Oo-er! What, on the same drive?
14 I typically specify --removable for grub-install because it works around
15 common issues in board firmwares. You can still do everything else, it's
16 just more likely to work.
17
18 You might want to try that and see what the differences on disk are or
19 check the efibootmgr flags. IIRC there is something relevant.
20
21 Still works with fastboot (at least where I tested) if you want your machine
22 to boot extremely fast. On mine, I have to remove the boot media because
23 there is no time to hit the setup keys.