From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slow response from mouse
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:54:59
1 Francisco Santiago Capel Torres wrote:
2
3 >Hi,
4 >
5 >I have installed a new gentoo machine with xorg and KDE.
6 >
7 >Everything works fine, but the mouse has a low responsiveness. The speed of
8 >the rest of the componets is ok, but the mouse moves with a certaing
9 >laziness, meaning that it arrives to its destination a few decs of a second
10 >after it is supposed to arrive and the image of the icon disappears for while
11 >it is moving.
15 Hmm, for most graphics adapters the mouse cursor is drawn by the
16 hardware. The fact that it disappears during movement suggests that the
17 cursor is being drawn in software for some reason.
18
19 Check the graphics device section in xorg.conf, and make sure you do not
20 have SWCursor enabled. You can also check /var/log/Xorg.0.log, and see
21 what that says about your cursor. For example, I have:
22
23 (==) RADEON(0): Silken mouse enabled
24 (II) RADEON(0): Using hardware cursor (scanline 1052)
25
26 Finally, it might be useful to read the man page for the X.org graphics
27 driver you are using.
28
29 HTH,
30 -Richard