From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DHCPCD and nameserver
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 08:50:55
1 On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >> I don't know about dhcpcd, but I'm using dhclient, and it works like this:
4 >> $cat /etc/resolv.conf
5
6 Oops... It was "cat /etc/conf.d/net"...
7
8 >> config_eth0=("dhcp")
9 >> modules_eth0=("dhclient")
10 >> dhcp_eth0="nodns"
15 > I kept playing with this because I did it once before and knew it could be
16 > done.  I did finally figure out how to get it to work.  It appears the
17 > syntax has changed a little bit.  This is what I ended up with after some
18 > trial and error, maybe a little tooth pulling too.  ;-)  This is my net
19 > file:
20 >
21 > modules="dhcpcd"
22 > config_eth2="dhcp"
23 > dhcp_eth2="nodns"
24 > dns_servers_eth2="8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4"
25 >
26 > Now I get this in resolv.conf:
27 >
28 > root@smoker / # cat /etc/resolv.conf
29 > # Generated by net-scripts for interface eth2
30 > nameserver 8.8.8.8
31 > nameserver 8.8.4.4
32 >
33 > root@smoker / #
34 >
35 > So, it's working now.  It's not quite the same config as last time but it
36 > works.
37 >
38 OK, now I know how to do it also with dhcpcd.
39 Cheers.
40
41 Jorge