From: Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ripper that generates song titles?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:05:49
1 On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:06:10 PM Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I went to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) yesterday and
3 > indulged in a buying spree of 18 CD sets of my fave music (basically
4 > anything pop/rock/country pre-Beatles). I now have over 20 CDs that I
5 > want to rip to flac eventually. I dread the gruntwork in renaming
6 > tracks like track01.cdda.wav, etc. What Gentoo ebuilds are there for
7 > stuff that'll get ahold of track titles? Is it in the form of metadata
8 > on the CD?
9
10 You can try k3b. It can use cd-text or freedb and encode to most formats.
11 It is a kde application so it will pull a lot of deps if you don't use kde.
14 Fernando Rodriguez