From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Garmin gps acting as a mouse!!!
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 00:49:27
1 On 22 Jul 2007, at 22:42, Ted Ozolins wrote:
2
3 > Just acquired an etrex gps. The unit comes with a serial cable .
4 > When I
5 > plug in the cable to the latest stable gentoo machine, the signals are
6 > (seem) to be interpreted as that for the system mouse. The mouse
7 > pointer flies all over the screen, opening and closing programs all
8 > over
9 > the place. Does anyone know why the serial port would be
10 > interpreted as
11 > a mouse input? How do I correct this? Any hints, pointers greatly
12 > appreciated.
13
14 I assume you're using X11 & KDE or Gnome or something like this.
15
16 What does your xorg.conf say, please?
17 I'm thinking specifically of the mouse section, but you might as well
18 post the lot to be sure.
19
20 Also, is anything written to /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog
21 when you plug the GPS in?
22
23 Stroller.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list