From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags question
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 22:08:28
1 On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:15:10 -0700, Ryan Tandy wrote:
2
3 > It doesn't really matter. Where you should put them depends on how you
4 > want them to take effect. A flag that only affects one package will
5 > affect that one package regardless of whether it's in make.conf or
6 > package.use, so I prefer to put it in make.conf for clarity, especially
7 > in the --info context.
8
9 Local flags may be defined for more than one packages, with different
10 meanings, whereas global flags tend to be more consistent. So it may be
11 safer to put local flags in package.use to avoid the situation where the
12 same flag with a different meaning is added to another package you use.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 TROI : What am I sensing?? I'm sensing INCOMPETENCE, you pretentious
19 bald pseudo-French dickweed!