From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Strange behaviour of google certificates.
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 02:18:23
1 Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > This question does specifically relates to Gentoo distribution
4 > but, as far as I have not subscribed to any other mailing list,
5 > I dare to ask it here.
6 >
7 > So, I am using Claws Mail that downloads e-mails from several
8 > google mail accounts (all are mine :) and about once or twice
9 > in a month get into the situation when Claws asks me to verify
10 > and change the google certificates, first in one direction and
11 > soon after that (usually during the next downloading of my e-mails)
12 > - in another.
13 >
14 > The situation is illustrated by the 2 message screenshots that are
15 > attached to this e-mail.
16 >
17 > The strange thing for me is that, first, the Claws asks me to verify
18 > and accept a newer certificate complaing that the old one is in some
19 > aspect "bad", and soon after that it complains about a newer
20 > certificate and asks me to verify and and accept the older one.
21 >
22 > I suspect that it is google that makes something wrong here.
23 >
24 > What do you think?
25
26 Im using fetchmail on a separate server to receive my mail. I had to
27 deactivate fetchmails ssl fingerprint checks for my google accounts,
28 because the certificates are changing frequently. I don't know the
29 reason for these changes but as I use my google accounts only for some
30 mailing lists and because I'm a lazy guy I don't care much about that
31 and never done a research.
32
33 But please tell me if you find out the reason. :-)
36 Regards
37 wabe