From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] setup x11/plasma in chroot?
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 18:44:26
1 On 23 August 2019 10:15:23 GMT-04:00, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >You shouldn't need to do this, there are smarter ways to install even
3 >without
4 >a GUI on the candidate PC. Boot with a liveCD, start sshd if it is not
5 >
6 >running already, set a passwd and start a screen session.
7 >
8 >Go to your main PC which has a GUI running, login remotely to the
9 >install
10 >candidate PC, re-attach the screen, chroot and off you go. This way
11 >you can
12 >use a browser to read the gentoo handbook and copy 'n paste commands
13 >from the
14 >browser into the terminal running screen.
17 >On Friday, 23 August 2019 13:51:55 BST
18 >mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
19 >wrote:
20 >> thank you. I figured i couldn't run x11/plasma while chrooted (since
21 >they
22 >> are already running on the real root). That means I don't have to
23 >move 2
24 >> machines close together to read the instructions on one while
25 >building in a
26 >> console only enviroment.
27 >>
28 >> -- “The whole world is watching! The whole world is watching!”
29 >>
30 >> Aug 22, 2019, 19:52 by audvare@×××××.com:
31 >> >> On 2019-08-22, at 20:13, <mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com>