From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resolv.conf being overwritten
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:08:35
1 2007/12/10, Sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>:
2 > On a newly built amd64 based system my resolv.conf keeps
3 > getting overwritten on system startup so I am loosing my
4 > nameserver entry.
5 >
6 > The system is set with a static address and I have
7 > dhcp_eth0="nodns" in my conf.d/net file.
8 >
9 > I read that this included entry would prevent my resolv.conf
10 > file from being overwritten. Obviously not the case.
11 >
12 > Would anyone know a cure to prevent this little annoying
13 > problem?
14 >
15 > Thanks
16 > Sean
17 > --
18 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
22 The file /etc/resolv.conf is generated by the net-init scripts
23 everytime you establish a connection. You need to add the dns servers
24 in /etc/conf.d/net. Take a look in /etc/conf.d/net.example. The
25 settings for dns servers you have to put in /etc/conf.d/net should be
26 explained there. So the dns-servers are written to /etc/resolv.conf by
27 the init script.
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list