From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why isn't this SDcard mounting?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 09:42:54
1 > On 29 Aug 2017, at 14:53, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Instead of mounting the SDcard, it's mounting the loopback device.
4 >
5 > A card, as /dev/sdb, was previously zeroed over and repartitioned a couple of days ago. I bet if I reboot the system it'll be recognised. How do I get it to be recognised now?
6
7 At some point yesterday, making no progress with `udisksctl` (I think that mounted the loopback device, too, despite claiming to have succeeded in mounting /dev/sdb1 as described in my email of 10:20pm 29-8-2017), I just wanted to use the SDcard and rebooted the system.
8
9 As expected, when I put the card back in, everything worked perfectly.
10
11 My belief is that this is related to zeroing out or recreating the partition table.
12
13 Stroller.