From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recent trouble with wicd and systemd (non-global ctrl_ifname)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:47:14
1 On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM, <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > At home I use a wired connection so did notice the following problem
3 > until I traveled and tried to connect wirelessly.
4 > The problem must have started sometime within the past month.
5 >
6 > If I have wicd started by systemd, i.e.
7 > systemctl enable wicd
8 > The wired network is started fine but not the wireless. Instead, I see
9 > in the systemd journal
10 >
11 > wicd[290]: Failed to connect to non-global ctrl_ifname: wired error: No
12 > such file or directory
13 > wicd[290]: Failed to connect to non-global ctrl_ifname: wireless error: No
14 > such file or directory
15 >
16 > If I instead systemctl disable wicd, reboot, and then manually type
17 > wpa_supplicant -i wireless -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
18 > it works.
19 >
20 > Indeed after I have booted I can start wicd and cannot get the error
21 > above, but the actual behavior is not consistent.
22 >
23 > My system is ~amd64, profile gnome/systemd
24 >
25 > My wireless driver is from the package broadcom-sta (wl)
26
27 I have never used wicd, so I can't say exactly what it's the problem;
28 but I was under the impression that wicd is basically dead. Its last
29 release was more than a year and a half ago.
30
31 Regards.
32 --
33 Canek Peláez Valdés