From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange X behaviour
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:07:28
1 I'm experiencing some interesting things when X starts. I have a dual-screen
2 setup I recently upgraded to KDE4.3.1.
3
4 When X starts, KDM is showed on the side of the screen. It seems like it's
5 cut off in the middel and my desktop can scroll to the side (like having a
6 virtual desktop).
7
8 When KDE starts, the display returns to normal, but the screens are cloned
9 and the desktop size is exactly the resolution size.
10
11 If I log out of KDE, kdm shows up split across my two monitors and when i
12 log in KDE uses the screens like I had one with w*2xh resolution.
13
14 I guess kdm is calling some XrandR functions when I log out, but how do I
15 find out what and get it to do so at the start?
16
17 I'm using the ati-driver for my Radeon HD 2400 XT
18
19 Sorry if my description is a bit unclear.
20
21 Regards
22 Dirk