From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] modular X : Ctl-Alt-F7 fails (solved)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 23:32:22
1 060922 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> I've never quite understood why it's Ctl-Alt-F7 which returns,
4 >> when the TTY's involved seem to be 1 & 2 .
5 > Because on most machines inittab tells init to start agetty
6 > on the first six VTs, and X then takes the first free VT.
7 >> Another test reveals that Ctl-Alt-F3 returns to the X session,
8 >> so perhaps the command to return uses the next free F key.
9 > In /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers you could set X to always start on VT7.
10
11 Yes, thanks, you've confirmed what I surmised from this test.
12 I'm quite content to have it be F3 , now I know what's going on.
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list