From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] correct tool to use odbc with mariadb
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 16:03:42
1 Hi. Several months ago, I replaced mysql with mariadb, mostly due to
2 strangeness with connectors and other emerge problems. Now, I am down
3 to trying to get odbc working. I cannot build myodbc-8.0.17 because I
4 get the following error, at least this seems to be the first one:
5
6 /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h:53:18: error: conflicting declaration
7 `typedef uint64_t my_ulonglong'
8 53 | typedef uint64_t my_ulonglong;
9
10 Is this the correct app, or is there another one I should be using for
11 odbc to mariadb databases. If this is the correct app, any ideas on
12 how to fix?
13
14 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
17 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
18 How do
19 you spend it?
20
21 John Covici wb2una