From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to compile for less bits :)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 17:53:51
1 Hi,
2
3 I asking in beforehand, to prevent the search for spurious
4 unexplainable errors which may be hardly to detect.
5
6 For my microcontroller board (ATMEL AT81RM920, linux based) I want
7 to crosscompile kernels and applications on my 64bit Gentoo linux.
8 The source of a gcc (prepared on a 32bit system I fear) for the
9 purpose of crosscompiling from a 32bit system-- target is the above
10 mentioned processor -- is available.
11
12 Is it possible to compile this gcc as a 32bit-application on my 64bit
13 system to ensure the same behaviour as it would if ot was built on a
14 "original 32bit Gentoo Linux"?
15
16 (And in this context: The audio application "chuck" is only as 32bit
17 application available currently. How is it possible to compile this
18 on a 64bit system?)
19
20 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
21
22 Best regards
23 mcc