From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Radoje Stojisic <radoje.stojisic@××××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual booting with Windows 10
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 08:47:19
1 On 09/15/2017 05:03 AM, Radoje Stojisic wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > I am interested in doing something too. Do you talk about GPU
6 > Pass-through? Few months ago I wanted to try it myself but I own a
7 > Ryzen 1800x and just one GPU. Is there a way with only one GPU?
8 I am always willing to assist with complex technical problems.
9 > Or do I really need 2GPUs and 2 Keyboard/Mouse?
10 Yeah you do as it is very difficult to re-map the BAR's of an an in-use
11 graphics device.
12 Obviously one can use a single keyboard and mouse with a KVM, but the
13 multi GPU part is mandatory.
14
15 You can buy a video card that doesn't need an additional power
16 connection for only $30 or so, plus if you only have one USB controller
17 you would need a USB PCI-e card one for $20 - TOTAL $50 very affordable.