From: Daniel Vrcic <daniel.vrcic@××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: Compiling non-portage app for gdb
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 08:17:06
1 * Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> [05-09-03 11:47]:
2 > Hi,
3 > Can someone suggest how a non-programmer can compile a non-portage
4 > app to run in gdb so that I can get a trace of a segfault? I have the
5 > code. It compiles and segfaults on my AMD64 machine. I'd like to send
6 > the developers some debug data.
7
8 You should have shell's CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS environment variables
9 declared. Those variables are being read and parsed by gcc upon some
10 manual compiling of source code. They should contain gcc's "-ggdb"
11 argument which actually tells gcc to build a code with debugging
12 symbols.
15 Daniel Vrcic
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list