From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Logitech diNovo Keyboard Mac Edition
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:39:47
1 on 01/13/2010 03:47 PM Stroller wrote the following:
2 >
3 > On 13 Jan 2010, at 09:46, Thanasis wrote:
4 >> on 01/13/2010 05:15 AM Willie Wong wrote the following:
5 >>> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 02:59:31PM +0200, Thanasis wrote:
6 >>>> http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/17587875/Logitech_diNovo_Keyboard_Mac_Edition.html
7 >>>>
8 >>>
9 >>> Dont see why not. I have a rebranded logitech wireless keyboard/mouse
10 >>> combo which uses a USB receiver, similar to described in the link. It
11 >>> works out of the box just like another USB keyboard. For my
12 >>> keyboard/mouse, after plugging the USB receiver in, I need to hit a
13 >>> button on the receiver and a corresponding button on the keyboard and
14 >>> mouse to associate the keyboard/mouse to the wireless receiver.
15 >>
16 >> I heard that some keys like CTRL and ALT in mac keyboards may be (in
17 >> let's say) interchanged positions.
18 >
19 > The keyboard mapping should be easy to change.
20 >
21 > I don't think this should be a problem at all. Macs use standard HID
22 > keyboards & mice - I can plug a Dell keyboard into my Mac & it works
23 > just fine.
24 >
25 > I seem to recall there is something funny about the control keys
26 > layout if you do that, but it's been a long time since I tried it. I
27 > think the Windows key becomes the Apple key, and the latter is
28 > immediately to the left of the space bar (whereas you'll see for
29 > yourself that the former is one key further left, with the alt key in
30 > between). I don't know if this is the same if you try a Mac keyboard
31 > under Linux, but swapping keys under Linux is well documented.
32 >
33 Can this (swapping keys) easily be done outside of X (in console, ie
34 before and without X) ?
35 For example how do I swap left CTRL and ALT in console?