From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] "Headless question": Harvesting the results...software needed.
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 14:05:23
1 Hi,
2
3 with lot of help of this forum (***TAHNKS!***) I now
4 have a embedded device which is able to
5 dis/connect itsself from/to the LAN, set the clock via ntp-client
6 and is able to fire up a tool, which collects
7 data from sensors and put those into
8 a file ... even if the tool has no
9 connection to a terminal.
10
11 Next step will be to connect a GPS module
12 (ordered) to the GPIO pins of that board
13 (which is quite offtopic and I fear therefore
14 my sole problem... ;).
15
16 Suppose the GPS would already be attached
17 to the board and works...
18
19 Is there any free available software and data for
20 strict offline useage (which does NOT calls
21 to home), which is able to map GPS data to a street/land
22 map?
23 I need both: The maps themselves and the logic to read
24 GPS coordinates and map movements and ways to those maps.
25
26 Is something like that available for free or should
27 I directly ask the NSA/CIA/FBI/...?
28
29 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
30 Best regards,
31 mcc