From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Add something to KDE's shutdown
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 11:25:00
1 Am Montag 30 April 2007 10:56 schrieb Hemmann, Volker Armin:
2 > On Montag, 30. April 2007, Florian Philipp wrote:
3 > > Hi guys!
4 > >
5 > > I'd like to let my system automatically back up every time I shutdown or
6 > > reboot using KDE's menu entry with a simple script.
7 > > However, it would be great to preserve a way to shutdown or reboot
8 > > without making a backup when I've messed something up or when I need to
9 > > shutdown ASAP.
10 > >
11 > > What would be the best way to do this?
12 >
13 > /usr/kde3.5/shutdown/
14 > ?
15
16 Are those scripts executed with super user permissions? Are they executed when
17 rebooting, too?
18
19 By the way: it's /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown/ ;)
22 Another question: Which options are appropriate to mount my backup partition
23 while executing the script:
24 noexec,async,dev,rw ?
25
26 Thanks in advance