From: Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] init.d/openvpn starts init.d/net.eno1
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 06:40:22
Hello,

At the moment I am running and receiving my network connection from
init.d/wicd.  init.d/net.eno1 is not running and I do not want it to
run.

Now I want to connect to a VPN: /etc/init.d/openvpn start

Apparently as a dependency to init.d/openvpn, something launches
init.d/net.eno1.

Q: Why is init.d/net.eno1 starting when I try to start openvpn?

Q: Why isn't net.eno1 satisfied with the network connection provided
by init.d/wicd?

Q: How can I prevent net.eno1 from being started by openvpn when wicd
is running?

PS: net.eno1 is rc-configed to start as default and wicd is
rc-configed to not start at all.  However, I find myself in a
situation where I need to switch my internet access from net.eno1 to
wicd.

Thank you,

Chris