From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Why RAID1?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:50:08
1 Volker Armin Hemmann schrieb:
2 > On Mittwoch 17 Dezember 2008, Stroller wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 17 Dec 2008, at 10:25, KH wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> ...
7 >>> Also there have been articles that if one drive of a raid dies there
8 >>> is
9 >>> a chance that you cannot recover your data. This is based on the
10 >>> theory,
11 >>> that one of the other drives have hidden errors. The chances for this
12 >>> grow with the size of the hd.
13 >>>
14 >> [Citation Needed]
17 > gentoo wiki and gentoo documentation. That is why you should check your raid
18 > regularly for errors.
19 >
20 I do that but I also had problem with my raid when there have not been
21 any errors.
22
23 # echo check >> /sys/block/md1/md/sync_action
24
25 Well someone once said: "There are two kinds of people: Those who never
26 had a disk failure and those who have backups."
29 kh