From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Error during boot up.
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 21:13:49
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 20/12/2018 06:41, Dale wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I just installed a new video card.  After a couple weeks of USPS
6 >> dragging it around, it finally came in.  Anyway, I got it installed and
7 >> was booting up.  I noticed somewhere between the kernel part and it
8 >> going through the runlevel part, there was something that failed.  I saw
9 >> a little red colored text and the word failed but I found one bad thing
10 >> about a really fast CPU.  It scrolls by so fast, I can't tell what it
11 >> is.
12 >
13 > You should probably add the "quiet" option to your kernel command line
14 > in Grub. It will silence all useless noise, and should (I think) only
15 > print errors if they occur.
16 >
17 > Worth a try.
23 I don't think it would help.  It's the speed that is the problem. It was
24 almost impossible to read anything with my old CPU. It's nothing but a
25 blur with this new one.  Mostly, I saw red letters and what looked like
26 the word "error".
27
28 If it will log the error, that is best because I can copy and paste it
29 into a search engine and find out what it means and how to fix it, if I
30 don't figure it out on my own.  May help someone else reading this tho.  ;-)
31
32 Thanks.
33
34 Dale