From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia and Minefield?
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:38:41
1 On 1/9/07, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > since the problems also appear with nv (but not as severe), I would not blame
3 > nvidia, but minefield.
4
5 Yes, I thought it might be some problem with cairo, which might affect X.
6 I've had some problems with cairo in the past, and as Minefield's
7 graphics display relies on cairo, perhaps it would be a problem with
8 it. I'll have a search on gentoo bugzilla.
9
10 > But first, what card would you use, if you don't choose nvidia?
11 > AMD/ATI? With the latest cards not even 2D is possible anymore. And their
12 > drivers really suck.
13
14 That's the problem... I don't think there is anything better :(
17 Bruno Lustosa <bruno@×××××××.net>
18 http://www.lustosa.net/
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list