From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Monitor recognition at boot time
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 16:57:08
1 Aleksandar L. Dimitrov wrote:
2 > The
3 > problem is however, that at work the external CRT is _left of_ my laptop,
4 > and at home the external (DFP) is _right of_ my laptop. So I would love
5 > to be able to manipulate xorg.conf with a script at boot time.
6
7 What I do is maintain two xorg.conf files: xorg.conf.home & xorg.conf.work.
8 Then I do not start X during startup. Instead I log into the console
9 and run
10 one of two scripts: x-home or x-work, which simply copies the corresponding
11 xorg.conf.* file to xorg.conf then starts xdm.
12
13 HTH,
14 Roy
15 --