From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --exclude gentoo-sources
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 17:12:47
1 On 01/08/2014 18:58, James wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I know I can use this option to protect kernel sources I
5 > want to keep around, from removal, via depclean.
8 > However, I use to just manually edit the world file and
9 > explicitly list the kernel sources versions I wanted to keep.
10 > This does not seem to work anymore?
11 >
12 > Other suggestions to keep the kernel sources around ?
15 put gentoo-sources in world, you then always get the latest.
16
17 test each one , decide which are worth keeping. Let's say for argument
18 that is 3.15.4, so:
19
20 emerge -n =gentoo-sources-3.15.4
21
22 All versions not listed thusly are subject to depcleaning
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com