From: James Colby <jcolby@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE without ARTS
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 23:15:17
1 Thanks for the link. I just gave in and re-enable arts for KDE.
2 Sound is working now.
3
4 On 1/22/06, Ian <omega21@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > This is exactly what I am wanting to do. But I see that it will end up not
6 > allowing me to use system notifications. I found this link on the bug
7 > report.
8 > But I am not at all sure how to apply it.
9 > Thanks very much!
10 >
11 > The genkdesvn ebuilds use a patch that allows notifications and sounds
12 > through external player even when kdelibs is compiled with --without-arts.
13 > Some of us(atleast one person other than me) have been using the patch since
14 > 2 months and have experienced no problems. Mario(the author of the ebuilds)
15 > even modified the patch to allow simultaneous sounds(the new kernels support
16 > this). Here is a link to the patch.
17 >
18 > http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/genkdesvn/trunk/kde-base/kdelibs/files/kdelibs-7-knotify-noarts.patch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
19 >
20 > ~Ian