From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} cdrdao's toc2cue question
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 17:58:13
1 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > > Did you try cdda2wav and cdrecord?
4 > >
5 > > The CUE format interpreter in cdrdao is known to be incomplete.
6 >
7 > I'm using a script I wrote to rip a CD twice (each rip creating a
8 > binary file and toc file), compare the two rips with cmp, convert the
9 > toc to cue with toc2cue, create a single FLAC file with flac, and
10 > split the FLAC file into separate track files with cuebreakpoints.
11 > I'd be happy to post the script if anyone is interested. It works
12 > really well.
13
14 Just run:
15
16 cdda2wav -vall -B -Owav cddb=0 paraopts=minoverlap=10 -paranoia
17
18 then write the files using:
19
20 cdrecord -v -dao -useinfo -text *.wav
21
22 This has the advantage that it splits into separate files at the correct
23 locations. Note that cdda2wav is the only program I know that splits correctly.
26 The CD-Text is inside the *.inf files.
29 > I'm very concerned with having as perfect a copy of the original CD as
30 > possible. I read an article once about how cdrdao was the only method
31 > that seemed to get it right.
32
33 This is not correct, cdda2wav is known to be better for DAE.
34
35 Jörg
38 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
39 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)